Thursday, May 22, 2008

A CUP OF COMFORT




Collecting Treasures 

"Mary quietly treasured these things in her heart and thought about them often"
Luke 2:19

When my husband and I got married, we moved far away from our parents but visited them when we could. One summer when we back home with our three children, we decided to play baseball in my parent's backyard. While we are playing, having fun, being silly, I looked over to my mother sitting on the porch.
I recognized longing into her face and I knew what she was doing- recording the moment so she could have a clear memory to sustain her until our next visit. 
My children our now grown, and when they come home to see us, I find myself collecting memories of precious moment with them. Sometimes I stand back from activity and simply watch, taking it all in. Then, on those days when I miss them most, I can pull out a happy event from the treasure I stored. 
Let us treasure each moment with our loved ones  - by Jean Davis 

No comments: