Sunday, November 2, 2008

Daylight Saving Time

We woke up early this morning, it was around 7:30 am usual time we wake up every day. My in-laws are busy playing peek-a-boo with Jordan when I told them excitedly and proudly that Jordan will be done on his TPN at 12 noon. After two hours of playing, Jordan was so exhausted and took a nap at 9:30, as soon as I put him in bed and tried to changed his ostomy bag (leaking on the left side) I was counting the hours left and really thinking it will be done by 12 when I look at our wall clock and it's 10:30, oh gush I totally forgot about the time savings will be change at 12 midnight last night...TPN will be done by 11 am! hmmm now I'm a little bit alarmed because he will be disconnected until 6 pm, meaning he will be off for 7 hours, an extra hour. Since this is his first day on 6 hours off, I hope his blood sugar wont get too low and he doesn't get dehydrated. So I called George and told him that we need to set up the TPN and hook him back at 5:30 p.m that way we avoid him having miss the hours and we could go back to normal hours tomorrow. Later afternoon we left the house and do some errands and shopping when we check the time and found out that we only have an hour to get home to set up the TPN.  We rushed back home and we tried to set up on time unfortunately Jordan ostomy bag leak again and I have to change and clean him, by the time Im done changing him it was almost 5:45 p.m. There will be nurse coming tomorrow to draw blood and check his blood sugar level.  

Ah what a day and starting to get a little chill here in San Diego. We love it and can't wait for winter. It has been a little bit warmer for the past few days.
 

No comments: